Our Detailed Response
This is to provide information about what actions we are doing to keep you, our guests, as safe as possible and to reduce the risk of spreading the infection. We are hoping that we can reopen after the 4th July and we will initially only be operating at 50% capacity so this will mean that we will have maximum of two rooms on the first floor and two rooms on the second floor occupied at any one time to ensure the social distancing is maintained We are explaining this here because our online diary may look like it is fully booked but we want to assure you that it is not. We will only accept bookings to a maximum of 4 rooms.
Prior to your stay ? we will email guests up to 48 hours prior to your booking to ask you to confirm, that you remain well and have not knowingly been in contact with anyone who is positive COiVID 19. We will also attach an online registration document for you to complete and return 24 hours before your stay . We can also send you an electronic copy of our pre order breakfast form for you too We will ask all of our guests to respect social distancing at all times during your stay , taking special notice and care in the communal hallways, corridors and staircases.
- Parking. Each of our parking bays are clearly marked so we would ask our guests to leave a space between their vehicles to respect social distancing.
- Check In. We will be moving our check in times to 4.30pm to 7.00pm to ensure that we have sufficient time to complete all the cleaning regimes in the rooms and around the house before you arrive.
We may ask you to stay in the car if more than one set of guests arrive at the same time.
- We will send out a registration from before you arrive and we will check that we have a completed copy of this with you.
- At Longmead House we usually welcome all our guests with a hot drink and slice of home-made cake whilst you complete your registration. We are more than happy to offer you this tea time treat in our garden (weather permitting) or at an appropriate social distance in the lounge.
- All room keys will be sanitised and disinfected prior to your stay and will be found in the door of your room on arrival
- All rooms will be left fallow for 24 hours before being deep cleaned.
- We have always delivered a robust cleaning service and following the government and industry guidance have implemented some additional measures such as using a UV light cleaning system. This system will be used at the end of your stay and kills 99.99% of all bacteria, viruses and infections and reaches all surfaces. This will be followed by completing our concentrated cleaning schedule and checklist in rooms and communal areas using sanitisation and disinfection products that meet the DOH and PHE recommended standards
- We will not provide a room tidy during your stay, however we are happy to provide you with "top up" items for the bathroom such as toilet paper/ single use toiletries as well as items from the complimentary drinks tray. Please ask us at Breakfast and we can leave these items in a sealed plastic bag outside of your room for you.
- The Guest information folder will be removed and will now be available on-line for information about places to eat/ drink local attractions etc. This can be sent to you before or during your stay on request.
- In clement weather we ask that guests open the windows to allow fresh air to circulate during your stay.
Some of you soft furnishings such as cushions may be removed to reduce the risk of contamination
- Water glasses and bottles will be washed in our dishwasher on a hot wash before being retuned fresh in the room.
- Complimentary fresh milk and water will still be available from the mini fridge on the first floor. We will ask that guests use the hand sanitiser before opening the fridge door.
Breakfast - Hand Sanitiser station at the entrance of Dining Room. All guests will be asked to use this at the beginning and end of service.
- We will wash our hands regularly between serving and wear the appropriate PPE during food preparation and serving such as disposable gloves and aprons.
- Guests will be given a specific time for breakfast and guests on first floor and second floor will use separate doors and be separated in the dining room to ensure social distancing.
- To maintain social distancing we will reduce the capacity within the breakfast room keeping tables separated to the appropriate distance
- We will no longer be able to offer a communal self-service buffet. But we are planning to have a smaller individual table next to your allocated table for each set of guests that will have a selection of individually portioned fruit salad, yoghurts, fruit juice, and condiment sachets
- Hot bespoke breakfast will still be served but placed on a tray with cutlery on a table for guests to collect.
- Additional Meal Offers
- We offer a packed lunch to guests to take away and enjoy either on the beach, or on your walk, or when you are out and about.
- We are now offering a breakfast ?takeaway? option for you to eat either in the garden or perhaps on your early morning walk to the Valley of Rocks.
- In addition, we are now offering sharing supper platters for guests to enjoy in our dining room as an alternative to eating out. Please pre-order 24 hours in advance.
- Guest Lounge
- We have several comfortable sofas and chairs in our lounge that can still be accessed, and we ask that guests respect the social distancing requirements unless they are from the same household.
- In clement weather you can relax and sit with a drink in the garden.
We will be pleased to serve you with a drink from our bar in the Lounge or the Garden.
The toilet in the vestibule will be closed and we ask guests to only use the toilet in their rooms.
The leaflets will be removed from the front desk, however we can make up a bespoke pack for guests on request
- Check Out
- The final bill will be emailed to guests on the evening before Check Out. Any queries should be raised before 8.00am on the day of check out
- The payment card used to secure booking will be automatically charged before 8.30am on the day of check out.
We are no longer able to accept cash payment therefore we will ask all our guests to use contactless / credit card machine. The card machine will be cleaned using disinfectant and sanitiser wipes between guests or via BACS payment.